Sunday, August 28, 2011

Organization for Hair Accessories

I have been looking for a way to organize all of my daughter's bows.  My 5 year old has tons of bows but was not able to keep them on her bow hanger.  So, we came up with a solution.  

The unit is a piece of plywood which I covered with batting and fabric.  I then attached the hangers to hold all of her different accessories.

Hair Accessory and Jewelry Organizer


Bows are hung on a magnetic strip from IKEA.

Headbands and sunglasses are held by an drawer pull from Lowes.
The hooks hold bracelets and necklaces as well as other accessories.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! My daughter, unfortunately, has outgrown all of her bows & barrettes & 'spinnie dresses' (aka dresses that puff out when you spin round & round) Wish I'd thunk of it when we had piles of the stuff.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I especially like the magnetic strip for hair bows (easier for little hands to put things up and taken them down) and the drawer handle for things like sunglasses and head bands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love the magnetic strip for the hair bows and the little hooks for the bracelets and necklaces. With 3 girls hair bows etc are hard to keep organized, I'll have to keep these ideas in mind when we are ready to re-organize the bows etc.

    ReplyDelete