Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quick and Inexpensive Wall of Art


I have a preschooler and a 4th grader who are always coming home with lots of artwork.  I hated just tossing these little gems in a bin so I created an inexpensive ever changing art wall in their playroom. I saw a similar idea at the kids section of IKEA.  They had taken a wire curtain system and displayed kids art.  What a great idea (unfortunately, I was not willing to part with $20 for that system when it looked easy to duplicate.)


Easy to display, Easy to rotate with new Artwork.

First, I screwed in hooks into the wall.  These were included in a picture hanging set that I bought.  Next, I purchased a long cable of picture wire to each hook.  Last, I hung individual pieces of artwork using standard wooden clothespins.  
3-5/8 in. x 3/4 in. Zinc-Plated Screw Eye Hooks (2-Pack)
$1.97 @ home depot

25 in. Galvanized Steel Wire
$1.96 at home depot

Chenille Kraft Wood Spring Clothespins 3-3/8in 1 PACK 3658-01
$1.00 at dollar store


Total cost $5.00 per display!


And My kids LOVE seeing their artwork displayed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment